Thursday 23 April 2009

Rationalizing my personal blogging


I recently took a look at my blogging presence on the web and realized that the last couple of posts that I have echoed over my blogs have been, well pretty boring to be honest. Somewhat like being forced to watch a holiday slideshow of someone you neither know nor really care about. When I looked further back to some of my earlier stuff it was less personal and more insightful and actually better to read.
 
So in my effort to compartmentalize my cyber personality I have decided to separate my blogging over a couple of different places.
 
First of all is my Blogger blog. This as my first blog and even though it is the ugliest it shall remain about non-personal issues, be it technology, China or politics, it will most likely end up there. (dedlog.blogspot.com)
 
My other blog is dedlam.wordpress.com which will I will try to turn into my mobile blog. Inevitably the posts will be shorter and will hopefully contain more dodgy photos from my phone and give you a peek at what I see day to day.
 
Lastly, as I try to improve my photography skills I have just set up dedlog.dedlam.com (which is still under construction). Hopefully this will become like a gallery. Don't expect to see happy snaps there because I have Flickr and Picasa to fill those needs. Hopefully this will be more of an artistic experience rather than picture of my son's new haircut.
 
So that's my online persona rationalized. Eventually as my Chinese improves I'll make use of my Blogbus account but until then, depending on what you as interested in I'll be posting on those 3 personal spaces plus the occasional Shanghaiist.com piece and of course random brain dumps on twitter.com/dedlam. I realize this is a big commitment so bear with me over the next couple of post and I'll see you on the other side.

Posted via email from Dedric's posterous

No comments: