2008 marks an interesting year for me. I started blogging this year and contributing to Shanghaiist on a semi-regular basis. I discovered twitter and announced to the world that I was a socialmediaholic. I discovered the wonders of Google Reader and as a result I started sharing interesting articles via twitterfeed to my friends and followers on twitter as well as Facebook. This list shows some of the things that I have read or followed that you have also found interesting.
Thanks to all of you who retweeted my links, mentioned me in your blogs, speeches or podcasts as well as those of you who have bookmarked my blog in the hopes that I will write something interesting.
2008 has been an interesting year here in Shanghai and by the looks of the Snips the things that have interested you the most have been the rumours of racism at the Beijing Olympics, the plight of those affected by the Great Sichuan Quake and the occasional piece about the Great Firewall of China.
I look forward to sharing more with you in 2009 and genuinely wish you a safe, prosperous and happy new year.
- Beijing Boyce » Um, really? SCMP claims Beijing to ban blacks, Mongolians at bars
- Fears of a 'no-fun' Olympics in Beijing | theage.com.au
- Police deny bar owners' claims of restrictions on blacks in Sanlitun
- Malaysian tourists in China safe
- 26 Malaysian tourists safe but stranded (updated)
- Dedric Lam | Facebook
- Enjoy it while you can: Lots ‘o Websites unblocked in China
- The heartbreaking earthquake
- China Olympic Terrorists
- Shanghaiist: Report: Beijing bars told to ban black people during Olympics